- Revised and Expanded - By: Thich Nhat Hanh
A revised and expanded edition of Thich Nhat Hanh’s classic introduction to guided meditation for a world in search of mindfulness
In this revised edition of The Blooming of a Lotus, one of the world’s great meditation teachers offers an expanded collection of exercises for practicing mindfulness meditation that will bring both beginning and experienced practitioners into closer touch with their bodies, their inner selves, their families, and the world.
In this new edition, readers will find:
• A grounded introduction that provides readers with an immersive understanding of mindfulness, and includes guidance on how to use this book for mindful meditative practice
• A new chapter of 30 guided meditations from Thich Nhat Hanh’s 3-month Rains’ Retreat, which guide readers into silent meditation rooted in directed mindfulness
• A fresh organization, which groups the meditations thematically, focusing on our relationship with the body, with feelings and emotions, with existential commitment to the self and to others, and with the environment we share with living and nonliving things
• A hardcover edition featuring a place-marker ribbon and a paper over board binding for easy use
Compassionate and wise, Thich Nhat Hanh’s healing words help us acknowledge and dissolve anger and separation by illuminating the way toward the miracle of mindfulness.